Our trained advocates respond to the immediate and on-going needs of victims of domestic violence and sexual assault 24 hours a day. We provide:
- Short-term, emergency, and confidential housing for individuals escaping violence
- Legal, financial, shelter, and other resource referrals
- Assistance with preparing and filing Orders for Protection and Harassment Restraining Orders
We serve families from diverse cultures who have experienced violence and discrimination in Winona. Translators are available and the WRC is accessible to persons with disabilities.
We provide assistance to victims working through civil and criminal court proceedings. We work with local law enforcement agencies and the criminal justice system to:
- Hold domestic violence perpetrators accountable for their actions.
- Help victims negotiate and understand the court process.
We also provide assistance to victims in:
- Attending Order for Protection or Harassment Restraining Order hearings.
- Other civil court matters on a case-by-case basis.